Sunday, November 9, 2014

HEAVEN WILL TELL....

Positive excitement in your life does not necessarily equate with contentment. Three years into our new adventure as Pastor of then Crestline Bible Church this young pastor was in the pits. Construction on our own facilities atop Shades Mountain underway, a church family loving their way into my heart (easily, because of who they were), excitement over what God was doing...and me miserable. Self examination for hidden sin produced no biggies. Intimate family relationships - solid as a rock. I did the pop (and not so pop) psychological cure all and looked at my family of origin. While all parents face the awesome reality that we do reproduce after our own kind, the kind of my origin were loving by touch and words, affirming, had been there for me, and did not leave any gaping holes in my psyche.

So what was it?  The answer was God taking me off by myself to spend time in His Woodshed of Grace and Truth (John 1:14).   In the awesomeness of His healing Presence in those more than sacred moments, God brought me face to face with three critical issues in which I needed to embrace His perspective, not my conclusions, no matter the source of those conclusions. Years of dealing with struggling saints...so often struggling against they know not what, but with angst of spirit creating a constant sense of inner dissatisfaction...taught me that relief from this burden of soul weariness comes hard.  But if it does not come, enjoying our freedom in Christ will be a distant dream.

First, though raised in a home full of love, God's love for me with no strings attached was only a theological concept, not a practical, practiced truth. Then God exposed to me a plague ravaging saints serving around the world - we operate in our sphere of service in a PBA mode. Performance Based Acceptance, which being interpreted means we consciously or unconsciously believe God is pleased with us and loves us to the degree we function (jumping through certain pre-set hoops) and are "successful'  or acceptedly spiritual as measured by some standard pit on us by our parents, church, organization, our particular Christian culture, or even ourselves. That brought me to the third issue needing God's perspective; The church I pastored was not mine. It was His, period. He would build it, not me. If He wanted to burn it down, He would. And He did not need my permission. He, in His purposes, could split it wide open, or cause it to burst at its' proverbial seams to the point this Mississippi KISS person could not handle it. It was His church, not mine.

So, from that point on, when people would ask, "How's the church doing", usually thinking bodies, bucks, and buildings, my response was - Heaven will tell.  For the true issues are not the Big 3, but the spiritual dynamics taking place in hearts which should be experiencing personal encounters with the living God who comes to us as a no strings attached lover and with His adequacy for a life well lived, not PBA demands. I threw off the yoke of PBA and embraced His love. God's gentle touch affirmed me as "I am what I am by the grace of God, and His grace was not wasted on me." (I Cor. 15:10).  God's pit delivering words were; "Mick, you are not omni-competent, omni-gifted, or omni-anything. Live with it. Be you, Mick. You'll be surprised how I can use an earthen vessel".

That week left me a free man. From people's expectations, pressure to perform, counterfeit crosses, and Satan's condemnation shouted full voiced from self, saints, even society. But until Heaven calls my name, the days ahead, though overflowing with His no strings attached love, must be driven by raw obedience to His commands (and they are not hard to be borne). Because for me, when a brother shakes my hand and asks, "How're ya'll doing?" the answer - in truth - is not "fine" but "Heaven will tell."

Not because I have to (PBA), but because I yearn for it (no strings attached love), I want what Heaven tells about this earthen vessel to please Him.

7 comments:

Barb Hayes said...

Mick, heaven will tell a lot about you from all the saints you have led along the way. You have shown so many of us the face of God through our many ups and downs of life. For me personally, I take such delight when H and I have theological discussions in hearing her say, "that's what Pastor Park taught and I believe it". Yes, you have "grown" many of us up in faith and taught us to be real, accepting our warts and all...we are made in His image spiritually and, while He is perfection, we are still sinful humans looking towards home. My "mansion" is prepared and I'm contentedly waiting for His call.

Unknown said...

This is a great test blog! I personally love it and find that it!
Blowjob Nikmat Tante Bahenol , Jilat dan Entot Memek Merah Murid Tercantik , Sensasi Ngentot Memek Sempit Jablay Cantik

Unknown said...

Shared this Obat badan lemas dan lesu karena maag silva Obat untuk mempercepat datangnya haid messi Obat penyempitan saluran kencing suarez Obat keputihan gatal berbau dan perih CR7 Obat hidrokel rakitic Obat gondok beracun kane Obat penghilang koreng di kulit kepala sterling Obat herpes zoster buffon Obat gatal sekitar anus dan selangkangan dybala Obat prostatitis akut dan kronis Thank you so much... hehehe

Unknown said...

Sharing informations Obat keloid di dada think Obat benjolan di perut sebelah kanan dan kiri much Obat penghilang varises di kaki dan betis track Lapak kesehatan herbal old Obat sakit tulang rusuk sebelah kiri dan kanan maybe Obat luka borok bernanah dan berair lucky Obat gatal bentol di kemaluan pria dan wanita story Obat benjolan di siku tangan think Obat edema paru know Obat benjolan di kemaluan wanita Thank you...

Achmad Syarifuddin said...

Sharing nih Obat varikokel tanpa operasi sef Obat pereda nyeri haid yang aman Luy Obat sakit tenggorokan disertai batuk kering suy Obat paru paru basah puri Obat oles jerawat untuk ibu hamil dan menyusui take Obat benjolan di dekat lubang dubur / anus tanpa operasi mun Obat benjolan di payudara kanan dan kiri cuv Obat sakit di bawah diafragma sebelah kanan dan kiri my Obat benjolan di gusi muy Biaya operasi hidrokel Thank you...

pg slot เครดิตฟรี said...

ถ้าคุณเป็นนักพนันที่กำลังมองหาโบนัสที่คุ้มกับการฝากของคุณเราขอเสนอ pg slot เครดิตฟรี เว็บไซต์ที่ให้บริการเกมสล็อตรูปแบบใหม่นี้ เว็บไซต์เรายินดีแจกเครดิตให้ลูกค้าทุกท่าน!! โดยฝากคราวแรกของวันก็รับโบนัสไปเลย ที่ pg-slot.game

สล็อต เว็บ ตรง said...

สล็อต เว็บ ตรง จากค่ายเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ชื่อดังอันดับ 1 ที่นักพนันทั่วโลกให้การยอมรับว่าเป็นค่ายเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่ดีที่สุดตลอดกาลกับค่าย PG SLOT ที่มาแรงที่สุดในปี 2022